Friday, March 26, 2010

After Winter...NYC Folk


Pollute the streets like roaches on the hunt for a meal.  Can you blame us? After so many cold,dreary weeks and multiple snowstorms the first break of warm temperatures and sunlight makes us lose our minds with glee.  I would be lying if I said that I didn't put on a mini-skirt to roam mid-town (I hate wearing excess clothing, the less the better). My little sister prided herself on the fact that she was my "protector" from "dirty men with lingering eyes or smart mouths"(she has a smart mouth herself, wonder where she got that from?)  I digress. I wanted to talk about the crazy things people do upon springs arrival.  For instance, we along with the rest of the city, spent most of the day in Central Park and I must say that I found it quite entertaining that people were ice skating in 70 degree weather.  I mean you could clearly see the ripples of the melting ice, but that didn't matter people were skating in shorts/tank-tops without a care. Several people even fell into the river that was being created, shook their wet bottoms and kept it moving. Perhaps, this is why I love this place...we could care less how foolish we look to others as long as we are content.

1 comment:

  1. My little sister prided herself on the fact that she was my "protector" from "dirty men with lingering eyes or smart mouths"(she has a smart mouth herself, wonder where she got that from?) --HA

    ReplyDelete